TLDR: A WordPress plugin that shows previews of links (clear, neat, simple), analyzes links href urls and tracks user’s behaviour on the links of your site.
Bright Link Previews is a preview maker and a link analyzer
This is an innovative WordPress plugin that adds neat link previews to your site, it also allows you to track user behaviour on the links in your site and helps you to analyze the health of the links distributed in your articles.
This plugin scans each link on your site pages, analyzes linked urls and retrieves data to build a nice detailed preview. With Bright Link Previews, your website links will be easier to read and navigate, as the previews will provide a clear description of each page and its content. Your users will love it.
Bright Link Previews is a great plugin to help make your website look more professional and organized.
Additionally, it provides a report with links that shows the clicks on each link, hover movements and broken links, which helps you to understand which arguments of your links are followed by users. You can easily find and fix broken links to keep your site working.
Bright Link Previews is also easy to customize, it’s mobile friendly and allows you to manage link targets all over your site. You can apply the preview both on internal and external links, on your post contents and your comment texts. It comes with a built in cache for speed, different styles, and more to come.
With Bright Link Previews, you will be able to quickly customize your website and make sure that all links are working properly. The plugin is also extremely lightweight, so it won’t slow down your website.
- generate previews of all links open to url crawling (v.note)
- generate previews of all ecommerce links showing also prices (works with Amazon links, Shopify links and Woocommerce links)
- handle images smartly, choosing the best image
- mobile friendly, works also on mobile
- cache the previews to speed up loading times
- find broken links and show errors in back office stats report
- detailed daily stats for clicks, hoverings, link rel nofollow and rel sponsored
- optionally show to your users where other users have clicked
- optionally apply target blank attribute to all external links
- choose different popup styles and customize colors
- code ready for internazionalization
Note: some links (like Facebook or Instagram) could be read only partially because the owners of these sites use to block crawling calls like the ones used in this plugin
After installation go to settings and choose your style and your configuration.
Contributors & Developers
“Bright Link Previews” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixed, blank screen on Gutenberg
- Bug fixed: an additional HTML tag is added to content
- Fixed warnings in ajax calls with PHP 8.1
- Bug fixings (thanks to adamgreenough) and new setting to disable the popup on mobile devices
- Fixed Schrödinger’s cat bug (thanks to jvandriel who found the cat!)
- Improved HTML of the pop up, now it hasn’t heading tags
- CSS and JS calls now have a version number
- Fixed a bug with htmlspecialchars_decode
- Fixed a bug with iconv, used again htmlspecialchars_decode