Social Widget plugin for displaying links to your social media in any widget area. Created by WPExplorer, this plugin allows you to add colorful icons with links to your social profiles of choice in any widgetized sidebar of your WordPress site. Choose from various social profiles (add only the ones you need), drag and drop to move them around, choose from square, round or rounded styles and even select your custom icon size.
The plugin uses it’s own custom font icon set for the social icons so they will load quickly and display nice and crisp on any screen, including retina devices.
Need “More Widgets”?
Check out our new plugin More Widgets which includes many useful widgets including a social profiles widget, about me widget, business info, posts slider, Google Maps, advanced posts and more!
Social Icons Included
- Upload ‘candy-social-widget.php’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance > Widgets or Appearance > Customize > Widgets to add and configure the Candy Social Widget
Contributors & Developers
“Candy Social Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Candy Social Widget” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Candy Social Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed Not working correctly with Block Widgets.
- Updated Tested upto version updated to 6.1.1
- Fixed missing csw-front.min.css and font files.
- Added new icons: TikTok, Github, Houzz & Instagram.
- Updated icons: Reddit.
- Updated brand colors: Android, Buffer, RSS, Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, Paypal, Pocket, Stripe, Tumblr, Yelp, Xing.
- Updated scripts for better Customizer support so the widget refreshes correctly when moving items around or deleting an item.
- Added “noopener nofollow” rel value to links when set to open in a new tab.
- Tested with WP 5.5
- Fixed target blank setting not working properly
- Removed Google Plus from available options
- Complete overhaul of the plugin
- Added drag & drop support for moving your profiles around in the order you want
- Added options to select a custom icon size
- Icons now use font icons
- Important: You must re-add the widget to your site
- First official release!