Create custom block patterns. The patterns can be designed just like you design a blog post or a page with the block editor.
You can assign any category or keywords.
- Create custom patterns from one or more blocks in the post editor
- Group your patterns in categories
- Optionally add any keywords or aliases that help users discover it while searching in the inserter
- Create custom pattern categories
- Set a viewport width to optimize the scaled width of the preview in the block inserter
- Add an optional hidden text if the title does not fully describe what the pattern does.
- Deleting patterns, modifying them or uninstalling the plugin does not affect the blocks created with the patterns, since once the pattern is inserted, it is not linked to the source pattern.
- Option to remove patterns when plugin is removed
- Locate and click on the ‘Doo Block Patterns‘ menu item in the sidebar admin menu.
- Click on the ‘Add New‘ button.
- Give your pattern a name.
- Start writing or choose any blocks you want to be part of your pattern.
- Publish the pattern.
- Go to a test post or page and locate your pattern in the Block Inserter under the pattern tab and click on it.
- The block pattern will now be added to your page. All contained blocks are now independent of the original pattern and can be edited as any regular block.
From your admin dashboard,
- Select Plugins > Add New.
- From the search box, type Doo Block Pattern and then search.
- Click the install button and then activate the plugin.
How to make a copy of the patterns and incorporate them into another WP?
Simply, using the WP export tool, generate an XML file, which serves as a copy and can be imported into another WP.
What users/roles have the ability to create pattern blocks?
The users who can create custom block patterns in this plugin are those with the role of: administrator, editor or author.
Contributors & Developers
“DooBlockPatterns” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “DooBlockPatterns” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
[1.0.0] – 2022-11-26
[1.1.0] – 2022-12-02
Fix a bug on remove plugin.
Improved: CPT register not public
[1.2.0] – 2022-12-03
Added: FAQ’s in readme.txt
[1.2.1] – 2022-12-16
Fixed: bug in save block pattern.
[1.2.2] – 2022-12-16
[1.2.3] – 2023-04-07
Fixed: bug in display manage columns.