WPDeveloper.net brings ‘Facebook Secret Meta’ for all WordPress user for free.
You must have seen Facebook new home feed, where it shows bigger image, even for link share. Did you noticed, now it automatically shows a bit more info about the website link, just below the image and text? Check this live example, also check screenshots for better understanding.
Facebook Secret Meta could bring that feature for you. It will add the secret codes to your site, and from now whenever anybody shares your blog/site’s link in Facebook they will see you site’s info and New Author By info.
Special Note: Even if you have SEO plugin like Yoast SEO, or All-in-One SEO or any plugin which add normal meta or Open Graph Meta (OG meta), you will still need this plugin. There is no other plugin, or any guide anywhere in the net that describe how to gain this feature. Only this secret plugin could bring this exclusive new feature.
- [New] Uptodate with Facebook recent byline and link changes.
- Super easy to use, will take just 10-sec.
- You could add customized “Author By” info, just heads over to the plugin Option page, and fill the one-line form how you want it.
- Very light weight, and works instantly.
- Dynamic control over “Author By Info”.
- Ability to select “Blog Name” or Custom Text as site-wide “Author By Info”.
- Ability to control what you want to show for Single Article/Post.
- 3 Option for single post; 1) Default; 2) Post Author Name & 3) Custom Text.
Pro version is available now, get Pro.
*Free version user will get 25% discount code, install the free version, go to the Plugin Option Page for the coupon.
You may donate to WordPress Foundation.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard “Add New Plugin” section.
- Search For “Facebook Secret Meta”.
- Install, then Activate it.
- Upload the
facebook-secret-metafolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
How To Enable Facebook Secret Meta:
- Activate the Plugin.
- Heads over to the plugin Option page, and fill the one-line form how you want your “Author By” info.
You are done, now post something new and share at Facebook.
- Does it need any theme customization or anything?
No, just activate the plugin and follow the steps.
- Does it work on old post?
Yes, but only concern is Facebook Cache. Facebook retrieve meta info from cache, so even if you clean cache, Facebook might load meta from cache when you did not installed this plugin.
- Do you have more detail guideline?
Yes, check this page for detail guide.
- How can I get Support?
Use plugin support button in WordPress.org extended listing.
More FAQs – here
Contributors & Developers
“Secret Meta” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Secret Meta” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.2.1 – June 8, 2017
- Compatible with WordPress 4.8
- Minor fix, example works now.
1.2.0 – September 26, 2015
- Restructure to support new changes by Facebook.
- Option Page updated.
- Easy to setup.
- Ability to configure Facebook Author Byline and Link.
1.1.1 – June 08, 2015
- Updated for WordPress 4.2.2
- Option Page design updated.
1.1.0 – January 14, 2015
- Up to date with WordPress 4.1
- Initial release