This plugin will delay the loading of background images in your website and thus helps boosting the website loading time by reducing total number of HTTP requests.
Quick Notes & Links
- Do not lazyload background images which are peresent above the fold because this will increase time to First Contentful Paint(FCP) metric and affect the speed of your website .
- Background images that are added using inline CSS e.g,
<p style=" background-image: url( path/to/background-img.jpg )" > </p>are lazyloaded by this plugin by default .
- No dependencies required for this plugin to work.
- No extra HTTP request
- Add the selectors of the elements that have background images in the plugin settings page or add
lazyload-bgclass to the element .
- WordPress Tips and Tricks By Proloy Bhaduri
- Buy me a Coffee
Works smoothly with almost every page builders
This section describes the way you can install the plugin
- You can directly install the plugin from wordpress admin screen of your site Plugins > Add New and search For Lazyload Background Images .
- Alternatively you can download the plugin file from the WordPress.org and upload to your site via Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin
- Go to Settings > Lazy Backgrounds
31, Xunetu de 2022
Works perfectly after activating. I can see the difference in the speed of my website. Nice job!
Contributors & Developers
“LazyLoad Background Images” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “LazyLoad Background Images” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: Error Notice
- Feature : Added support for Beaver , WP Bakery , Avada , Block editor
- Fixed page builders issue
- Added support for different page builders viz. Oxygen , Divi, Bricks and Breakdance
- Updated readme.txt
- Initial release