Steel adds certain capabilities through several optional modules. We are continuing to add modules, so stay tuned.
Bootstrap 3 is included with Steel, and comes alive with shortcodes.
Create audio or video series to display on website or publish on podcast feed.
Display a random quote (or testimonial) in the sidebar with our random quote widget. We are looking at embedding random quotes within a post or page in our next update.
Create and display media slideshows using Bootstrap’s Carousel plugin.
Create profiles for board of directors, staff members, etc. and display them on a nice summary page.
- Aliases – Have multiple “pretty permalinks” point to the same post or page, or create a “pretty permalink” for an offsite link.
- Events – Add an events calendar to your WordPress site
- Styles – This module will replace the need for shortcodes by adding buttons and styles to TinyMCE.
Suggestions for other modules? Let us know via the Support tab.
Like our plugin? Write us a review!
steel.zipto a sub-directory named
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Check out the options menu for more options
Submit your questions to http://matchstix.io/steel and we will try to answer them.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Steel” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed: Team profiles can once again be given a “menu order” value for sorting
- Fixed: Delete item icon is now visible in all browsers, including Chrome
- Fixed: If an attachment is deleted, it no longer appears in Slides
- Prepared Steel for [Matchstix] (http://matchstix.io/the-future-of-sparks/)
- New Broadcast Module: Create audio or video series to display on website or publish on podcast feed
- Improved inline code documentation
- Improved code quality
For more details, check out https://github.com/starverte/steel/pull/156
$this->__construct(deprecated with WordPress 4.3)
- Upgraded to Bootstrap 3.3.5
- Code quality improvements
- Code quality improvements
- Bug fix: Gallery skin outputs links as expected
- Update core colors for WordPress 4.2
- New Gallery skin for Slides
- New functions
steel_sanitize_get_slidesfor use in building
- Fixed fatal error in slides.php
- Added target attribute to btn shortcode
- Various UI improvements
- Added Google Analytics module
- Upgrade to Bootstrap 3.3.4 and point to MaxCDN’s bootstrap files
- Options UI improvements
- Added grid.css
- Further development of Podcast module (still inactive)
- Upgrade to Bootstrap 3.3.2
- Clean up code
- Upgrade to Bootstrap 3.2
For more details, check out https://github.com/starverte/steel/pull/126
run.jsto avoid conflict with new Audio List feature in WordPress 3.9
- Fixed columns shortcode to reflect Bootstrap integration
- Added transitions to Slides module
- New Navigation Menu widget
For more details, check out https://github.com/starverte/steel/pull/125
- Simplified editor in Slides
- Removed templates and integrated new Flint action hooks
- Upgraded to Bootstrap 3.1.1
- Caption in “Bar” skin now overlays image instead of appearing beneath the image
- jQuery conflicts fixed
Extracted carousel and glyphicon styles from bootstrap.css so that carousel works even if Bootstrap module isn’t active
- Added skins for Slides module
- Added ability to turn off Bootstrap module
- Added numerous shortcodes to implement Bootstrap like [btn] and [glyph] (for complete list and use, check out http://matchstix.io/steel/bootstrap/)
- Added new Slides module (documentation will soon be available via http://matchstix.io/steel/slides/)
For more details, check out https://github.com/starverte/steel/pull/102
steel_version and admin scripts functions
Updated branding and descriptions.