Show a Vimeo video and a gallery of thumbnails of a Vimeo user, channel, group or album.
- Display latest thumbnail videos from a Vimeo user, channel, group or album.
- When you click on one of the thumbnails the video plays at the top.
- This plugin uses the Vimeo IFrame player API that allows Vimeo to serve an HTML5 player rather than a Flash player for mobile devices that do not support Flash.
- You can choose to use this plugin as a widget or as a shortcode.
- You can use multiple instances of the plugin on the same page.
- Title: Widget Title.
- Vimeo user name: the username of the user’s Vimeo videos you want to show.
- Type of gallery: the type of gallery to create, user, channel, group or album.
- Show link to channel: option to display a link to the Vimeo user channel.
- Number of videos to show: It must be a number indicating the number of thumbnails to be displayed.
- Video width: indicates the width of the video player.
- Thumbnail size: indicates the width of the thumbnails. The height is automatically generated.
- Thumbnail columns: assign a numeric class to each thumbnail based on the number of columns to apply styles to each column.
- color: select the Vimeo player color.
If you want to use it as Shortcode:
[Vimeo_Channel_Gallery user="originalvideos" color="fff" thumbwidth="100" type="channel" videowidth="630"]
The attributes used in the shortcode are the same as the fields available in the widget, except the title field.
- user: Vimeo user, channel, group or album id (required).
- type: Vimeo gallery type. Values: user, channel, group or album. (required).
- link: Show link to channel. Values: 0 or 1. (optional).
- maxitems: Number of videos to show (optional).
- videowidth: Video width (optional).
- thumbwidth: Thumbnail size (optional).
- thumbcolumns: Thumbnail columns (optional).
- color: Color (optional).
You can see a demo of the plugin at the following URL:
- Spanish (es_ES) – PoseLab
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send me your gettext PO and MO so that I can bundle it into the Vimeo Channel Gallery.
- Upload the *.zip copy of this plugin into your WordPress through your ‘Plugin’ admin page.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Place the widget in your desired sidebar through the “widgets” admin page.
- Where is the “widgets” admin page?
The “widgets” admin page is found in the administrator part (wp-admin) of your WordPress site. Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- How do I find the Vimeo user, channel, group or album id?
- If your user url is https://vimeo.com/evanprosofsky, your channel id is evanprosofsky.
- If your channel url is https://vimeo.com/channels/staffpicks, your channel id is staffpicks.
- If your group url is https://vimeo.com/groups/maxoncinema4d, your group id is maxoncinema4d.
- If your album url is https://vimeo.com/album/1946876, your album id is 1946876.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Vimeo Channel Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed url to videos of user.
- Added gallery types. Now, you can create galleries by user, channel, group or album.
- Used Vimeo Simple API instead of RSS.
- Changes in css.
- Improved thumbnail sizes.
- Replaced SimplePie by SimpleXML and WordPress HTTP API.
- Improved video player size.
- Added scroll to player only if not in view.
- Improve control of color. Now you can use shorthand or regular hexadecimal colors.
- Thumbnail play button gets the color assigned.
- Fixed bug with shortcode position.
- Added target _blank to link to Vimeo user page.
- Initial Release. Fork of YouTube Channel Gallery.