Recent Tweet plugin for anonymous Loklak API and Twitter API v1.1 with Cache. It supports the new Twitter API v1.1 and stores tweets in the cache. It means that it will read status messages from your database and it doesn’t query loklak.org or Twitter.com for every page load so you won’t be rate limited. You can set how often you want to update the cache.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Upload the
recent-tweetfolder and its contents into the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate Recent Tweet widget from Plugins page.
- Go to your Widgets menu, add
* Recent Tweetwidget to a widget area.
- Tick the checkbox to use Loklak API
Visit https://apps.twitter.com/ in a new tab, sign in with your account, click on
Create a new applicationand create your own keys if you haven’t already.
- Fill all your widget settings.
- Enjoy your new Tweet feed! 🙂
- Why should I use Loklak API?
API from loklak.org is anonymous and does not require any registration. It provides twitter like experience without the cumbersome Twitter App Registration issues.
- How can I get Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret?
You will need to visit https://apps.twitter.com/, sign in with your account and create your own keys.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Tweet” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- The first version of this plugin! Enjoy! 🙂